You may have notice or will notice while building your custom Disney package there is a question that reads “Yes, Include the Water Parks” so here are some tips and ideas to make the water parks extra fun during your next Disney World vacation.
Disney has two water parks each with it’s own theme. Blizzard Beach has some of the tallest and fastest slides in the country while Typhoon Lagoon is possibly the most beautiful in the country. I won’t bore you with the back story on each park but here are some tips that might help make your overall experience just a bit better.
- The best advice I can give you is this, go after 2pm. I know some of you are probably thinking “what the heck man? half the day is over at that point”. Why fight the crowds and be honest, do you think you family will be able to handle 11 hours at the park anyway? 6 hours is plenty of time when you consider the wait times are almost gone… that’s right, almost no wait time for the best attractions even during the busiest times of year.
- Take a cooler. The cooler policy at Disney’s Water Parks is different from that of Disney’s Theme Parks. You can even pull in one of those large wheeled coolers. Just no glass or alcohol. Pack it to the brim with snacks, water and juice boxes. Throw in a large freezer back to store wallets etc.
- Lockers and premium spaces go half price at 2pm at Disney’s Blizzard Beach and 6pm at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon.
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon was built first and does not have the automatic raft return systems that Blizzard Beach has which means you will have to lug your raft to the top of the rides at Typhoon Lagoon. This isn’t really a tip but more of a warning if you are only planning to visit one park you’ll probably prefer Blizzard Beach.
- Water Shoes, buy a pair! I’m not talking about flip-flops. The cement gets really hot and you are going to wish you had shoes on.
- Water Camera, get one, you can even buy a disposable water proof camera.
I hope this information helps make you next Disney Vacation a memorable one and don’t forget we also offer Sea World packages.