What happens in Orlando in February?
The month of February is one of love, a very good month for an Orlando vacation. The weather is starting to improve, the number of visitors remain low for most of this month, Orlando vacation homes are offering great discounts and prices for Disney packages are the best, and this is the right time to observe the parks without seasonal decorations. All this makes February the perfect period to visit Orlando. February is quite an engaging month.It consists of the least busy days of each year & some of the most intense. It also has President’s Day, Valentine’s Day and Disney Princess Celebration. Oh, and don’t forget that art festival!
When you think of a vacation in February to Orlando, Florida, you expect good weather and fewer people, which makes this month the perfect time to go see family & friends, and two great special events Valentine’s Day and RunDisney. Let your heart beat faster. At the beginning of February a great national competition dance takes place. In the mid-month you have the Disney Princess Half Marathon and the President’s Day. After the marathon everything calmed down. Well, & February 4-10, 2018 is one of the ideal weeks to visit the Orlando theme Parks.
Tourists go to Florida in February for a good weather. While ice and snow temperatures occur in much of the America, Orlando is pleasant and sunny at noon in February. Anticipate daytime temperatures to approach 70 degrees Fahrenheit, though wear warm jackets in the morning and at night. A shirt or sweater will ensure you comfortable and warm on the afternoon of February. You absolutely have to pack for the “winter weather” in Florida: it can be cold at night, at night and very early in the morning, so bring a light jacket if you want to explore the parks late at night or early in the morning.
There is a lot of amazing activities to engage in at Orlando in the month of February including:
A short distance from Orlando to Fun Spot Kissimmee, the County Fair Osceola is an exciting ride. Here you will find typical fair county rates, including games, rides, trucks and tractors. Also, there shall also be cattle shows, not to talk of the various options for entertainment. Try visiting on Friday to play live karaoke concerts. The exhibition will take place as from February 9th to 18. Daily entry fees is only $ 5 for the adults, $ 3 for children 5 to 11 years old & free for children under 4 years.
Praise Wave at SeaWorld in Orlando: Christians should see Praise Wave, which takes place every Saturday morning from January 20 to February 10. There they can celebrate the community with live music and special events.
Take a trip to Gatorland: Gatorland calls itself the capital of Gators in the world and we will not discuss it. If you are looking for truly unique activities in Orlando, do not miss this 10-hectare theme park. You will see thousands of crocodiles, crocodiles, birds, jungle cats and even panthers. Adventure seekers won’t want to miss the 2,500-foot Screamin Gator zip line.
Compete against children in Fun Spot America: in Orlando there are two Fun Spot America locations. Both offer everything from virtual reality roller coasters to screaming trips, from cadets to a roller coaster for mines, from bumper boats to extraordinary rides called “Head Rush” 360. “And, of course, do not forget letting the children race on the go-cart tracks.
Offer at Orlando outlet stores: if you want to save a lot of branded products, you’ll love the evenings at one of Orlando’s many outlet stores. Get clothes and shoes or go to Disney outlets and get all your memories with low discounts.
Pioneer Day: February 24 and 25, you can see the 45th Annual Pioneer Day in Orlando. Visit Cypress Grove theme Park to study about the area. Attractions include historical demonstrations, bedspreads, morning parades, knitting baskets and stories. This could be the most pleasant experience in Orlando, and it is a pleasant change from the bustle and hustle of an amusement park. Admission is $ 3 for children and $ 5 for adults.
The Half Marathon of the Disney princess event: weekends of February 22nd to 25 is the half marathon of the Disney princess. This race is made for ladies, though everyone can take part. There are several events, example Fit for a Princess Expo, Disney Royal Family 5K, Disney Princess Half Marathon and Disney Enchanted 10K. Those who run half marathons can go via the Magic Kingdom & the Epcot Center.
Besides the several Orlando vacation rentals there are some great Orlando hotel deals in February including:
Hyatt Place from $ 128: if you are looking for a luxury hotel in Orlando, Hyatt Place may be the right choice. There you will receive a beautiful room, free hot breakfast and all the amenities you would expect from a Hyatt. There are 169 rooms in this hotel, including queen and king size beds. Queen rooms also have a sofa bed that can accommodate up to five people. Near Disney World, this Lake Buena Vista hotel is an excellent choice for families visiting the park.
Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista from $ 174: Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista is a popular option for those who require luxury. Expect luxury accommodations, a free half-hour shuttle service to Disney World Park and the extraordinary service known to Hilton. Choose from seven restaurants at this Disney hotel, including the exclusive Andiamo Bistro & Grille Italian, Genihana and the 24-hour gourmet market. If you are there on a Sunday, be sure to order your character’s breakfast.
Red Lion Maingate Resort starts at $ 51: are you looking for an excellent price for a hotel right next to Walt Disney World? Then look for Red Lion Maingate Resort. The hotel is also close to many restaurants, shops and shows. The hotel is easily accessible through the entrance to Sherbeth Road on Highway 192, which is a few blocks from the hotel and is close to 429 and I-4. If you plan to spend time at Universal Parks or SeaWorld, you’ll be glad to know that it’s less than 15 minutes. This high quality hotel, located in the center of the city, is the right choice for budget-minded visitors seeking comfort.
The best include Aquatica at SeaWorld Orlando in Orlando, Volcano Bay at Universal Orlando and two parks at Disney World, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. In addition, some Florida water parks are the only ones in the United States open all year. (Well, outdoor water parks. In other parts of the country, there are covered water parks that are open year-round.) Most of the largest water parks are located in central Florida near large theme parks, but there are places throughout the state where you can get wet. Amusement parks are generally open from 10 a.m. at 5 p.m.
- RunDisney is the main event where cyclists of every level have the opportunity to run at full velocity through the park. There are many events via the year. In February, one can join the Princess Half Marathons event or choose the shortest but no less fun Enchanted 10K or Disney Princess 5K.
- Go at the end of February to explore all that the Epcot International Garden and Flower Festival has to offer, though even earlier in February you shall see the dawn of the magic of flowers return every year.
- Although Epcot International Arts Festival is the new son of the block, it is already a favorite of Disney fans. This festival is an ideal combination of food, entertainment and art, bringing together experts in music, culinary and visual arts in entertaining presentations and live workshop.
- Disney After Hours event is a little-known refuge in the February months: visitors receive an exclusive 3-hour experience at the Disney Magic Kingdom. You will want to have a park alone, with the 25 most desired attractions and greetings from the characters available after hours at this event. Above all, you don’t have to queue to ride the fan favorite, like for example Pirates of the Caribbean.
The weather in February in Orlando is quite mild and will be very pleasant for visitors to colder climates. Bring a jacket or a thin sweater and jeans for a cooler night in Orlando: this can also help you stay warm in retail stores and restaurants if the air conditioning is cold. For visits to the park, shorts and t-shirts are comfortable and appropriate, along with sturdy and comfortable hiking shoes. You should also pack a daily package with a shirt, sunscreen, water and all the medicines or other necessities you need for a long day at the park.
- Magic Kingdom Park from 9:00 a.m. at 6:00 p.m.
- Epcot – Future World from 9:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. additional magic hours from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Epcot World Showcase 11: 00-21: 30
- Disney Animal Kingdom theme park from 9:00 a.m. at 8:00 p.m.
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Mardi Gras: the celebrations begin in February and include concerts by various groups of musicians, depending on the visit to the park. Be sure to check the Universal Orlando calendar to see the list of concerts and show times. The carnival usually lasts until the first week of April.
- Velvet sessions at the Hard Rock Hotel: visit the monthly cocktail and live concerts on the last Thursday of each month. Velvet sessions involve additional costs. You must be 21 years old, but be sure to visit the Hard Rock website for tickets and information on concerts scheduled for February.
- NEW! – Elmos Birthday Weekend: February 2-3: SeaWorld is the perfect place for Elmo’s birthday party with interactive DJ dance parties, fun lounge games and amazing visitors. Don’t miss this week’s party for Elmo as we prepare to welcome our new Sesame Street to SeaWorld in the spring of 2019!
- Seven Seas Food Festival: weekend, February 9: the popular Seven Seas Food Festival returns in spring with more love for SeaWorld. While guests enjoy the garden, try globally inspired flavors and enjoy local beers and local drinks from around the world. Her excitement is much more than eating with a live show at Bayside Stadium with the best artists.
- Lots of snacks. Even if you decide to have lunch in the park, bring your snacks, not only your wallet.
- Stroller: maybe your children slip a little, this will be too much and the stroller will give them a good rest.
- Water! We recommend that you walk through the park and make sure you are thirsty. Especially when it’s hot and it’s easy to shop in the park, but it costs.
- Swimsuit or change of clothes
- Towels (or two!). In general, we are talking about SeaWorld and we will be in the water. There are other places to find a wet sea lion, a trip to Atlantis (a fan favorite!) Or, worse, Rio Loco. Some nice tours but definitely not free, they have a hair dryer near the exit if you bring a towel!
This amusement park is usually open 7 days a week. The entrance to the park is between 9:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. and the guided tour takes place between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. To maximize the fun and adventure of SeaWorld, the park is open all year, except at Christmas. February is therefore the ideal month to visit Orlando.